Printing from Personal Devices
PrinterOn offers easy and convenient printing from personal devices. Students, faculty
and staff can print form any Internet connected or WiFi enabled device.
Printing from Desktop or Laptops
Printing from Mobile Devices
- Open a Browser and go to https://mobileprint.ccri.edu/
- Select the "PRINT" button.
- Enter your network login credentials (CCRI Account username and password ) and click "LOG IN".
- Select "EquitracPrinter"
- Select a file
- Browse to the file location OR paste the URL
- Set the number of copies and/or page range
- Click "CONTINUE"
- Choose paper size and finishing options then click "CONTINUE"
- Submit Job To Printer.
After submission, at the bottom left side of the window, you have the option to log
out, print another document to the same printer or choose a different printer.
- Retrieve your submitted print job at Page Counter device at printer or copier with
Student/Staff ID number or with ID Card swipe.
This guide uses the Apple iPhone for demonstration purposes. The PrinterOn App is
available for Android devices as well. The app is free for use
Download the PrinterOn App from either the Android or iOS apps store.
Service Set Up
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Services to proceed with configuration. You will have to click the + icon at the bottom to
add the new Service.
- Enter mobileprint.ccri.edu for the server name. Enter CCRI for the Description. Slide the default service to make this the default. It will turn green when you do this. Next, press the Test
- You should see the Success dialog box come up. Click OK on the dialog box. If not, check spelling and try again by pressing Test Service.
- Click the checkmark on the top right and hit the arrow at the top left to go back.
User Account Set Up
- Go to User Accounts. There will be an empty user account screen. Click the + to add an account.
- Enter your CCRI account username and password. Enter CCRI for the description. Slide the CCRI lever so that it is the default user for the CCRI service that was configured previously. It will turn green when you do this.
- Click the checkmark on the top right. Click the arrow on the top left to go back to the service menu.
- Click the X to get out of settings.
Printer Set Up
- At the bottom of the PrinterOn Main Menu, there should be a no printer selected box at the bottom of the screen. Click on this button.
- You will now be at a blank screen. At the bottom, there is a search icon. Click on this button.
- If you see an LDAP error pop up, you have entered a bad username and or password. Go back to the user accounts and reenter this information.
- In the search box, enter Warwick. The search should return the 1 printer for CCRI. This is not actually a specific printer, but a print service that is hosted by the
Equitrac Printing System. Choose this printer.
- If the search does not find the printer, select the ‘Location’ button. Your device may ask for permission to open the map, if so, select “Allow”.
- The map will display the CCRI printer location. Hit the red printer icon.
- The Community College of Rhode Island label will display over the icon, select the
blue information icon i to display and load the printer.
- Click the arrow on the top-left twice to return to the main menu.The app is now set up and is ready
Printing from the App
Most documents to be printed from a mobile device are stored on a cloud storage service
such as Microsoft One Drive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. This example will print a
document stored on One Drive.
- From the PrinterOn main menu, choose documents, and then choose the source.
- This will link you to that service so you may be required to login to that system
at this point. You will be presented with files and folders stored on your cloud storage
service. Your Experience at this point will vary. Choose the document that you wish
- Next, you are taken back to the PrinterOn App. The preview of the document may or may not be available. Press the Green Print Button.
- The document is sent to print and you get a notification the ‘Job Started’. When complete, you will get notification of ‘Job Success’.
The Equitrac Service at CCRI will keep your documents for 72 hours and will then be
discarded if not released within that timeframe. To physically print the document,
visit the Library or Academic Computer Lab, at any campus. Login to a printer using
your Banner ID code and release the print job. Academic Computer Lab and Library assistants
can help you with this step, if needed..