Working Remotely Checklist
This web page is designed to help faculty and staff understand their options for working from home.
This is a work in progress -please let us know what we've missed.
Preparing your remote workspace
- Laptop login - ‘Domain isn’t available’ error message
- Do you have Internet access at home?
- This is an essential for working from home for most people. If you do not have Internet access, contact a local Internet Service Provider in your area.
- Additionally, you can utilize your local library, coffee shop, or other public space with free Wi-Fi
- Do you have current Virus Protection on your home device?
- Have you tested your Microphone?
- Have a Webcam and want to use it?
- Do you have one and want to use it? Test it here.
Preparing your office space
Using OneDrive to Access Work Files
- Log into OneDrive via Office 365
- Copy all or necessary files into your OneDrive for remote access
- After you copy your work computer's files (Word docs, Excel files, etc.) onto OneDrive, you will be able to access them from home (or anywhere that has an Internet connection) via OneDrive.
- If you need access to your department's File Shares, please visit files.ccri.edu.
- How to retrieve messages when calling from home
- Dial 401-825-1022
- Press * (star key)
- Follow the instructions for retrieving messages
- Voicemail Set-Up
- Types of Telephones
- LISTON CAMPUS, PROVIDENCE
- KNIGHT, FLANAGAN AND NEWPORT COUNTY CAMPUSES