Contact InformationIf you have any questions please contact IT Help Desk at:
Help Desk Web site»
- Maps of printer locations
- MFD Locked Printing
- Best Practices
- Printer Documentation
- PrinterOn Mobile Printing Service
- Printing to MFDs
- Scan to E-mail
- Create a Name Button
Green Printing Initiative
Twenty Million Sheets of Paper Used Yearly at CCRI
CCRI’s has set out to reduce the more than 20,000,000 sheets of paper that are used each year campus-wide. The goal of this initiative is to provide a cost effective, flexible and responsible print environment that meets the academic printing needs of the student body as well as minimizing paper and toner waste.
As part of an overall effort to reduce waste throughout the college, an initiative was started this past Spring to reduce printing and copy paper use by 20% over the next five years campus-wide and to gain efficiencies in the printing process.
Paper is one of the biggest resources that flows through the campus. We all need to acknowledge that paper is not an endless resource. Remember “think” before you print is the best practice.
Over Half the Waste at CCRI is Paper
- 1 carton (10 reams) copier paper uses .6 trees
- 1 tree makes 16.67 reams of copy paper or 8,333.3 sheets
- 1 ream (500 sheets) uses 6% of a tree (and those add up quickly!)
- Color printing, copying and scanning available in strategic locations
- Reduced waste of supply and maintenance cost
- Duplex printing
- Job identification at printer to ensure user receives job he/she printed
- Better management of printing by both the students and the campus
While you are working with the MFDs, take a moment to notice the green recycling bins located in each copy room. These bins are for paper only. Please help us with this recycling effort by discarding unwanted paper in the green containers.