Contact InformationTel: 401-825-1112
Calls or e-mails made after closing will be handled at the start of the next business day.
View Help Desk Hours
Setup Office 365 email on your Samsung Galaxy S4/5 - Android
About this tutorial
- This tutorial will help you connect your Samsung Galaxy S4/5 Android device to Microsoft’s Office365 service.
- It is intended for CCRI student users only.
- In order to complete this task, you will need to know your Knight Username and Password, (http://www.ccri.edu/it/what-is-knight-acct.html)
- The screen shots below were captured on a Samsung Galaxy S4/5 using Android version 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). They may look somewhat different from your Android device if your device was made by a different manufacturer or uses a different Android version but, the tasks should be essentially the same.
Please note that if you are using your phone to check your email from on-campus, your phone must be registered for the CCRI Secure wireless network.
- From the Home screen, tap Email. If the Email icon is not on the Home screen, tap Apps then Email
- Select Settings
- Select Accounts from the Accounts tab and then Add account
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the email address in the 1st box and the password in the 2nd box for the account and tap Next
- Review the message displayed on the screen. You can uncheck the Always show option and then touch OK
- Continue with the account setup.When done tap Manual setup
- In the Exchange server field, type in pod51004.outlook.com and then click Next
- When your account has been successfully added, you will see the screen below
- To assist you with easily identifying the Office 365 account, enter a name for the account
If you cannot send and/or receive email using the new account:
- Double-check your settings
- If you still have a problem, go to the IT Service desk during normal business hours or contact them via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 401.825.1112
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .