Setup Office 365 email on your Samsung Galaxy S 4/5 - Android
About this tutorial
- This tutorial will help you connect your Samsung Galaxy S4/5 Android device manually to Microsoft’s Office365 service.
- It is intended for CCRI student users only.
- In order to complete this task, you will need to know your Knight Username and Password, (http://www.ccri.edu/it/what-is-knight-acct.html)
- The screen shots below were captured on a Samsung Galaxy S4/5 using Android version 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). They may look somewhat different from your Android device if your device was made by a different manufacturer or uses a different Android version but, the tasks should be essentially the same.
Please note that if you are using your phone to check your email from on-campus, you phone must be registered for the CCRI Secure wireless network.
- From the Home screen, tap Email. If the Email icon is not on the Home screen, tap Apps then Email
- Enter the email address and password for the account and touch Manual Setup. (If this is not the first account set up, you can add an account while in the Email app by tapping the Menu key and selecting Settings.)
- Select the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the username, password and Exchange server. Select whether to use a secure connection and a client certificate. Tap Next.
- Enter your email address in both the Email Address and the Domain fields. After entering your password, tap Next
- To assist you with easily identifying the Office 365 account, enter a name for the account. Tap Done when finished
If you cannot send and/or receive email using the new account:
- Double-check your settings
- If you still have a problem, go to the IT Service desk during normal business hours or contact them via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 401.825.1112
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .