SSL VPN Client Installation Instructions
The VPN Client will give you access to additional CCRI resources, including the ability to login and edit your WordPress website.
*Note: you only need to install the VPN Client once.
To install CCRI's SSL VPN:
- While Off-campus, open up a web browser (IE, Firefox or Chrome) and enter: https://ccriconnect.ccri.edu in the web address window
receive a website security certificate message. If so, click on the "
Continue to this website (not recommended)
- This will bring you to a Login screen.
- Select your CCRI department from the "GROUP" drop-down list.
- In the "USERNAME:" field enter your CCRI username
- In the "PASSWORD:" field, type your password
- click the "Login" button.
- Another dialog box will appear:
- Click Continue
- This will bring you to CCRI's WebVPN Service home page:
- To install the client, click on the AnyConnect link in the left navigation pane.
- Click the Start AnyConnect link:
- This will begin the install of the Cisco AnyConnect client. A Security Alert box will appear. Click Yes to proceed with the download of the VPN client.
- The AnyConnect VPN software will automatically establish a VPN connection.
- You have now successfully installed the VPN client and established a connection. You can close out your browser.
- To verify that you are connected on a Windows 7 machine, you may have to click on the little up-arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen to see the icon:
- The VPN icon will appear in the system tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen near the time display:
- You can now close out your browser. It is not needed to use the client.
- To end your VPN session, right click on the VPN icon in the system tray (see above for location) and select Disconnect.