SSL VPN Client Installation Instructions
These instructions will allow you to connect to VPN for the first time. After you followed these instructions, you may access VPN by searching for it or selecting it from the Windows Start menu and skipping to step 10.
To install CCRI's SSL VPN:
- While Off-campus, open up a web browser (the latest versions of IE, Firefox or Chrome) and enter: https://ccriconnect.ccri.edu in the web address window.
- You may receive a website security certificate message. If so, click on the " Continue to this website (not recommended) " link.
- This will bring you to a Login screen.
- Select your CCRI department from the "GROUP" drop-down list.
- In the "USERNAME:" field enter your CCRI username
- In the "PASSWORD:" field, type your password
- click the "Login" button.
- Another dialog box will appear, Click “Continue” to bring you to CCRI’s WebVPN Service homepage.
- To install the client, click on the AnyConnect link in the left navigation pane and then click on the Start AnyConnect link:
- The website will eventually prompt you to do a Manual Installation. Click on the “Windows Desktop” link and install Cisco AnyConnect.
- Run the downloaded file, following the instruction prompts. The program will ask you
to click “Next” several times.
- Open Cisco AnyConnect by searching for it or selecting it from the Windows Start menu. When Cisco AnyConnect opens click on the gear in the bottom right corner.
- Make sure that “Block connections to untrusted servers” is Unchecked. You can then close the window.
- Underneath VPN: Ready to connect, type in ccriconnect.ccri.edu and click on Connect.
- You will be prompted again for your Group, Username, and Password. Please enter your information and click OK.
- Next, you must accept the Cisco AnyConnect connection. Click Accept. You are now connected to VPN.
- To end your VPN session, right click on the VPN icon in the system tray and select “Quit.”