Contact InformationTel: 401-825-1112
About Print Management
In an effort to help the conservation of printing resources, the Community College of Rhode Island has established a print quota system.
The benefits are:
- Raising awareness of the environmental effect of wasted paper and toner
- Encouraging CCRI students to use electronic methods for sharing and viewing documents
- Focusing on our campus printing through more efficient printing devices
- Follow-you printing: print jobs released through page counters on enabled printers will provide:
- Security: print jobs are released by the user who submitted the job, at the time and place of their choice
- Flexibility: able to collect the print from any enabled location, avoid bottlenecks, use the most appropriate printer
- Environmental benefits: prints not released (collected) can be deleted from the print server automatically. These are called "avoided prints", and can be used as carbon offsets. Reduces paper and toner wastage
- User awareness: notification of print costs and other options can be displayed on user workstations. Increases consciousness of the costs associated with printing and can help 'steer' users towards better practice
- Quota management: able to apply monitoring and quoting on a per user basis. Access to reporting tools for business areas
- Financial: reductions in paper, toner and power usage and therefore costs through the application of follow-you printing, quota management and user education
How this system works:
- Each student will have a print quota of 1000 pages for each semester.
- Each student’s print quota is reset each term so there will be no carryover from one term to the next.
- Each time a student prints to a printer, a Cost Preview dialog box will appear that states the amount of pages their quota will be charged and their current quota balance.Their options will be to Accept or Delete the print job.
- If a student exhausts the page quota, more pages can be purchased with cash at the Pay stations for $.05 per page