About MyCCRI Groups
MyCCRI provides an application called Groups that can be accessed by clicking on the groups icon located on the MyCCRI toolbar. The Groups application allows students, faculty and staff to create and manage group homepages for clubs, official student organizations, or college departments and committees. Groups fall into two categories: public and restricted. Public groups are open for anyone to join. Restricted groups are subject to restrictions. For example, to access a group homepage for an academic or social group, you must first be accepted as a member of that group by the group leader.
To solicit membership, each group will have two homepages: a guest view and a member view. The guest view provides general information about the group and an option to join. When you join a group, you become a member an have access to the member view, which allows you to:
- Read articles or announcements that have been posted by the group and submit articles for posting
- Access links to other Internet resources that the group deems appropriate and submit potential links
- View information about and e-mail other group members
- Post your own homepage link for other group members to access
- Access group chat rooms, message boards, and a calendar all dedicated to group members.
To request a Group
Log into MyCCRI, select the GROUPS icon, from the icon bar in the top right menu bar, and then select CREATE GROUP tab. The request will be sent to the CCRI Groups Administrator for approval. Groups are approved based on the CCRI groups policy, which you must read before creating a group. As soon as your request has been approved or rejected, you will receive an e-mail notification, along with an explanation of the decision.
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .