Office of Institutional Equity
Management Essentials for Supervisors“This program fulfilled my expectations. I thought it was thorough, covering a wide range of topics, all of the presenters were experts in their respective fields, the content was relevant to CCRI, and the information was relevant to my job.”
- Christina Swiszcz, Information Services Technician II, CCRI Library, Management Essentials Winter 2019-2020 Cohort“I felt that each class was useful and I learned a lot from each of the presenters, background information, case studies to examine the topic, and tools to implement.” - Erica Fleitas, ELS Coordinator, Workforce Partnerships, Management Essentials Winter 2019-2020 Cohort
Supervising others requires a range of skills – from communication to project management to providing feedback. Management Essentials provides supervisors with tools, frameworks, and approaches for effectively managing people.
The Management Essentials program is intended for CCRI staff who supervise 1-3 employees. We will select no more than 20 supervisors to participate in the program who demonstrate a commitment to learning and growing as a manager at CCRI.
The Management Essentials Certification Program includes five 2-hour workshop sessions from 9:00-11:00 am. Sessions will be offered virtually while the college is operating remotely during the COVID-19 crisis.
Workshop topics include:
- June 11: Introduction to Effective Management
- June 25: Inclusive Supervision
- July 9: Navigating Conflict in the Workplace
- July 23: Workplace Law & Policy at CCRI
- August 12: Project Management
Benefits of Participation
Participants in the Management Essentials Certification Program will:
- Learn best practices from management experts
- Gain tools and skills to support and coach direct reports
- Connect and build relationships with other supervisors across CCRI
- Receive an official certification of completion