Employment of individuals, on a part-time basis (19 hours or less per week, non-benefited), may be authorized by the College in order to fulfill departmental needs. Employment is contingent upon:
- A successful review of the incumbent's background check
- Budget authorization (sought through Workflow request)
- Submission of all ORIGINAL completed employment documentation(*), including the certificate of completion of the College Online Harassment Training. A complete list of employment documentation is available here.
The Human Resources Department will contact the supervisor upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements. Incumbents with conditional offers of employment shall not commence work until authorization has been granted by the Human Resources Department. Employees are not authorized to work more than 925 hours within a fiscal year.
Hiring managers must submit requests 3-4 weeks in advance of the desired incumbent’s hire date. This is to ensure timely processing/approval of request and information.
(*)Guest Lecturers, Speakers or Special Event Participants must complete a W-9 and the hiring department must submit a College Requisition. Questions regarding the requisition process should be directed to the Purchasing Department.
Hourly employees (part-time staff and non-credit instructors) are required to complete an electronic bi-weekly timecard. The timecard must be approved by the supervisor. Failure to submit timecards in accordance with established protocols may result in delays in payroll processing.
Non-hourly employees (adjuncts, coaches, and faculty stipends) are paid in installments per semester worked; no timecards are required.
Click here to access the Workflow system. Instructions can be found below for the appropriate part-time authorization request.
- Adjunct Faculty (Credit Courses)
- Coaches (Athletics) & Faculty Stipends
- Honoraria Employees (Special assignment, typically for one day)
- Part-Time Staff (Non-Teaching Staff) & Non-Credit Instructors (Workforce Partnerships)