The Department of Institutional Equity and Human Resources has made modifications to the part time hiring process. Effective Monday, April 20, 2020, all part-time and Adjunct Faculty hiring forms must be completed electronically. Paper forms will no longer be accepted.
PART-TIME EMPLOYEE OR ADJUNCT HIRING PROCESS:
- Start the process by completing a job description (a template for the part-time job description can be found here.).
- Once complete, please forward the job description to Human Resources. For assistance with your posting and any questions regarding part-time employment, please contact Nelsi Melo Feliz at [email protected].
- All part-time positions, including Adjunct Faculty positions, will be advertised in accordance with CCRI’s hiring policy.
- Select your candidate from the pool of applicants.
- Complete the HR Part-Time Payroll Authorization or the Adjunct workflow in the system:
When the part-time or Adjunct Faculty new hire is approved, HR will contact the new hire to complete employment forms (if applicable). If new employment forms are required:
- HR will contact the new hire to initiate a BCI via an email from Hireright. The new hire must complete the steps in the email to initiate the BCI.
- The new hire will receive an email from DocuSign containing employment forms to be completed. The Docusign email will contain a link for the new hire to schedule an I-9 appointment to present work authorization documentation in person.
- Once HR receives BCI results, completed DocuSign paperwork, and acceptable I-9 documentation, the new hire will be entered in Banner.
- The new hire and hiring manager will receive an email notification from [email protected] This email’s subject will be "Part-time Authorization letter", this is the final approval from HR for the employee to start.
Part-time employees can work up to 19 hours on each individual job, but cannot exceed 19 hours per week across all part-time jobs, including adjunct faculty assignments, and cannot exceed 925 hours within a fiscal year.
Incumbents with conditional offers of employment shall not commence work until authorization has been granted by the Human Resources Department.
Hiring managers must submit requests 3-4 weeks in advance of the desired incumbent’s hire date. This is to ensure timely processing/approval of request and information.
(*)Guest Lecturers, Speakers or Special Event Participants must complete a W-9 and the hiring department must submit a College Requisition. Questions regarding the requisition process should be directed to the Purchasing Department.
Hourly employees (part-time staff and non-credit instructors) are required to complete an electronic bi-weekly timecard. The timecard must be approved by the supervisor. Failure to submit timecards in accordance with established protocols may result in delays in payroll processing.
Non-hourly employees (adjuncts, coaches, and faculty stipends) are paid in installments per semester worked; no timecards are required.
Click here to access the Workflow system. Instructions can be found below for the appropriate part-time authorization request.
- Adjunct Faculty (Credit Courses)
- Coaches (Athletics) & Faculty Stipends
- Honoraria Employees (Special assignment, typically for one day)
- Part-Time Staff (Non-Teaching Staff) & Non-Credit Instructors (Workforce Partnerships)