The Rhode Island Board of Education recognizes six collective bargaining units representing various employees at the Community College of Rhode Island. They are:
- CCRI Faculty Association (NEA/CCRIFA)
- CCRI Professional Staff Association (CCRIPSA/NEARI/NEA)
- CCRI Part-Time Faculty Association/NEARI
- R.I. Association of Certified Teachers of Motor Vehicle Safety
- United Nurses and Allied Health Professionals Local 5019
Through negotiations with these collective bargaining units, the State of Rhode Island, Board of Education, and/or the College administration establishes many of the conditions of employment, benefits, and policies contained in this handbook. If you are a member of one of these bargaining units, please be sure to refer to your bargaining agreement for more information
Non-Classified, non-faculty employees of CCRI who are not covered by one of the aforementioned bargaining units are governed by the Rhode Island Board of Education Personnel Policies Manual. Classified non-union employees are governed by the State of Rhode Island Merit System and Personnel Policies. Board of Education or State Classified Personnel Policies shall prevail should there be a discrepancy between this handbook and those policies.