Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CCRI's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council is a made up of employees who work together to build a more diverse and inclusive CCRI. This group meets regularly to develop ways that CCRI employees can be more culturally competent and educated in DEI issues. Our vision is:
- For all employees of all backgrounds to feel valued and that they belong
- To strengthen cultural competency for all employees
- For more employees to be equipped to be allies for people from underrepresented backgrounds (particularly people of color, LGBTQQIA+ individuals, and people with disabilities)
- For employees to feel more comfortable talking about issues of diversity and difference
- To increase the diversity of our staff, faculty, and leadership
Learning & Engagement Opportunities
- Announcing an exciting book event: CCRI Reads! Click here for more information on how to join!
- Read our Campus Inclusion Plan, which outlines the current strategy for working towards this vision.
- Check out this Anti-Racism Resources page, which includes articles, podcasts, videos, and other publications to support employees' learning and reflection on this important issue.
- Attend our workshop, We Are CCRI: Fundamentals in Promoting an Inclusive CCRI. This workshop covers core concepts related to identity, privilege, and the power of the language we use. Next session: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:30 via Zoom.
- Contact [email protected] for more details!