Go to College - for FREE!
With the COVID Recovery High School Scholarship!
This full-time program designed for 2020 and 2021 high school grads will allow you to attend CCRI tuition-free for one year!
Interested? Let Us Know!
Complete this short form and an Admissions Advisor will get back to you.
The High School Scholarship will provide 2020 and 2021 high school graduates (public, private or homeschooled) or GED recipients who have not attended college the opportunity to attend CCRI tuition-free until August of 2023. Students can begin in the Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 term.
Full-time enrollment is required and students may only enroll in courses that count towards their program of study.
This is a "last-dollar" scholarship. It covers any tuition gaps not covered by other federal, state and/or private grants and are awarded after all other financial aid resources have been exhausted. Scholarships are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a Rhode Island resident who qualifies for in-state tuition and fees pursuant to the Residency Policy as adopted by the Council on Postsecondary Education.
- Be a 2020 or 2021 high school graduate (public, private or homeschooled) or have earned a GED before 19 years old.
- Not have attended college anywhere since graduating from high school or completing your GED.
To maintain this scholarship, you must:
- Enroll full-time each semester (12 or more credits).
- In some cases, students with a documented disability will be able to remain eligible while taking fewer than 12 credits per semester.
- Enroll in the Fall 22 and Spring 23 semesters. The scholarship runs through August of 2023.
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Apply for admission to CCRI. You must enroll in an associate degree program to qualify.
- Complete an up-to-date FAFSA and all financial aid requirements.
- If needed, FAFSA assistance is available at ccri.edu/eoc or by texting 401-310-0730 to schedule your appointment.
- Complete and sign the scholarship attestation.
- Submit your official, final high school or GED transcript to [email protected]. Email or text 401-307-3507 with any transcript issues.
- Summer and Fall 2022 registration begins in April. If you need assistance with course selection, please attend an advising session. Register early to get the best class schedule.
For additional information attend a COVID Recovery High School Info Session. (register below)
How long can I take classes on this scholarship?
You can take classes tuition-free on this scholarship until August of 2023.
Can I attend CCRI part-time on this scholarship?
No. However, students with a documented disability may be eligible for a reduced course load.
Can I participate in this scholarship if I was a dual enrollment student at CCRI or at another college?
Yes! As long as you were not enrolled as a degree-seeking student, you will be able to participate.
What if I was older than 18 when I graduated from high school?
If you were 19, 20 or 21 years old at the time of your graduation, you just need to complete a short form explaining the reason for your late graduation.
What classes can I take?
You may only take classes that count towards your program of study.
Do I need to maintain a certain GPA for this scholarship?
Yes, you must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA.
Is there anything this scholarship does not cover?
Yes. This scholarship does not cover the cost of books/course materials.
I am interested!
Coming from an immigrant family, paying college tuition while you’re just trying to help out or get through the month can be difficult. My experience at CCRI has been great. The classrooms are small and intimate. I can approach a professor for extra help without any problems. There are so many different support systems here. – César A.
See what other scholarship recipients are saying!
CCRI helped me with my laptop situation, and they reached out when I needed help. SO great job staff!
– Janell K.
CCRI offers many resources that are helpful in guiding you in any way!
– Cecila S.
I love the diversity and the opportunity to learn something everyday!
– Robert L.
Don’t let obstacles blind your goal, take it step by step!
– Jennifer G.
I love CCRI. It's the best move I made!.
– Audra F.
Doing courses online is one of the best opportunities I am having in all this.
– James D.
I have great support and all the resources I need.
– Nuvia M.
Find motivation within yourself, and do it for you!
– Inajá C.