Security precautions during commencement
For the safety and security of those attending commencement, the Community College of Rhode Island is restricting the size of bags that will be allowed into the Vincent A. Cullen Field House on Friday, May 15. Anyone carrying such an item will be asked to return it to his or her vehicle.
Although CCRI does not anticipate any security problems during commencement, we are constantly monitoring the events to protect the safety and security of our guests. Please observe the following restrictions for all commencement activities on the CCRI campus.
- No large bags, back packs, large purses or items larger than 12 inches by 12 inches.
- No balloons or wrapped gifts will be allowed in the field house.
- Flowers will be allowed, but only if wrapped in clear cellophane or removed from colored cellophane wrappers.
- No firearms, knives, explosives or other weapons.
- No cans, coolers and other containers except in cases of medical need, as certified by a physician.
- No artificial noise makers, air horns or megaphones may be used.
- No large signs, flags, poles, banners or laser pointers.
- No promotional items with commercial slogans or identification.
- Only snacks and drinks purchased from CCRI vendors will be allowed in the field house during commencement.
- Inspections of small bags may be required.
- All individuals must present a ticket to enter the field house. Re-entry is prohibited.
All commencement venues have the authority to prohibit any other items deemed to be a security risk. Patrons will not be allowed to bring those items inside the event venues. These policies are subject to change without notice. Thank you for your cooperation.