Quick LinksTransfer Information
Articulation Agreements - PDF file *
Some Transfer Questions to ask College Representatives
WHAT IS YOUR CAMPUS COMMUNITY LIKE?
- Is your college in an urban, suburban or rural setting?
- How far away from my home is your campus? How much time does it take to get there from my home by car, by public transportation or other transportation (eg. air)?
- Will I need a car to get around? Does public transportation (bus) provide easy access to the campus and the community?
- How many students are enrolled? In my major? From my community?
- Are you on the semester or quarter system?
TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROGRAMS
- Do you offer my major?
- Is my degree program accredited – (by whom and at what levels (undergraduate, graduate)?
- Are advanced degrees (Master’s, Doctorates) also offered?
- What other programs do you offer that will support my major?
- Can I enroll part-time, take courses in the late afternoons, evenings, weekends or during the summer?
- Are there internship opportunities available on campus or in the community?
- Do you have an honors program for students who enter with high grades?
HOW MUCH DOES YOUR COLLEGE COST?
- What are the costs of tuition and registration fees, books and supplies, housing, parking, etc.?
- When do I pay those fees?
- Do I have to send a deposit to confirm my intention to enroll? How much? When?
- What are the chances fees will increase and when will I know?
IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
- What kinds of financial assistance are available?
- When and how do I apply for financial aid? Do I apply for campus scholarships separately?
- How do you determine if I qualify for financial assistance?
- When will I be notified if I will or will not receive aid?
- Will financial aid cover my entire need?
- Are there special kinds of assistance for students from certain ethnic minority or low income groups? If so, how do I apply for such a program?
- Is it easy to get a part-time job on campus or in the community?
WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION?
- What are your admission requirements for transfer students?
- Will I need to take an admissions test?
- Can I take an admissions test over to qualify?
- How do you determine my grade if I repeat a course?
- Will a course in which I received a “D” grade count?
- What is the admissions priority of transfer students from community colleges, from four year colleges?
- Since I attend a community college, will my credits transfer? How and when will I know?
HOW DO I APPLY FOR ADMISSION?
- Where, when and how can I get an application? Does your college have online applications?
- When can I first apply? What is your application deadline date?
- Can I apply to more than one campus in your system? How?
- Can I have my application transferred from one campus to another if I change my mind?
- When do I have to submit transcripts, any applicable test scores, and other admissions materials?
- When will I be notified if I have been admitted?
- Is my major overcrowded (impacted)? If I am not accepted in my major, what are the options? Can I change to another major? Have my application sent to another campus for consideration?
- What else do I need to know?
- How do I make arrangements to talk with someone further at your college to discuss enrollment opportunities?
- How do I make arrangements to take a tour of your campus?
- Do you have an open house program for prospective students?
- When and whom do I contact for more information?