Raising funds to support student success
The CCRI Opportunity Fund makes a significant impact on the lives of our students.
Contributions to the Fund help us to expand support services, elevate programming
and provide critical financial relief for students in need. Please consider a donation
of any size in support of our hard working and tenacious students.
Make a donation to the Opportunity Fund:
$10,000 – Major Institutionwide Initiatives
Expanded Programming for Developmental Education
- More than 60 percent of incoming students require developmental education before they can begin college-level work. This is a key barrier to student
success. Support our continued efforts to reform developmental education and remove
these roadblocks for CCRI students.
Increased Student Support Services
- Help launch a new intensive advising and support program designed to graduate our
students more quickly. The program, modeled after the nationally renowned CUNY New
York "ASAP" program, will provide students with the academic, social, and financial
support services they need to graduate in no more than three years.
- Help expand social services at CCRI, including the launch of a Student Food Bank that
will assist many students we serve who face food insecurity issues every day.
$5,000 – Investment in Classroom Technology
Upgrades in Health Technology
- Fund the purchase of seven modern, hospital-grade ventilator training systems for
Respiratory Therapy students.
Technology Upgrades in Classrooms and Labs
- Fund the purchase of a groundbreaking research device that, for the first time, will
allow Chemistry students to closely study the physical and chemical properties of
atoms in their labs.
$2,000 – Access to On-the-Go Technology
iPads for Student Use
- This gift will support the purchase of 20 new iPads for students to borrow out at
the CCRI libraries in Warwick, Lincoln, Providence and Newport for studying, research,
and in-class learning.
$1,000 – Full-Time Student Support
Book Award for a Full-Time CCRI Student
- Did you know that tuition is only 25 percent of the costs our students face every
semester? Having to pay for expensive textbooks is a significant financial challenge
our students face. This gift will fund one full-time student's book purchases for
$500 – Part-Time Student Support
Book Award for the Part-Time CCRI Student
- 70 percent of CCRI’s students are attending school on a part-time basis. This gift will fund one part-time student’s book purchases for one semester.
$200 – Academic Support for Students
Twenty Hours of Student Tutoring
- Peer tutoring is a critical piece of academic support that helps many CCRI students
improve their academic performance and succeed in their classes. This gift will fund
20 hours of peer tutoring in the Student Success Center.
$100 – Academic Support for Students
Ten Hours of Student Tutoring
- This gift will fund 10 hours of peer tutoring in the Student Success Center.