Sign up for CCRI Alerts
The Community College of Rhode Island offers a service that delivers text messages and/or e-mail messages to members of the campus community during emergencies and when adverse weather conditions affect normal campus operations. The text and e-mail alerts are one component among the college’s channels of communication used in an emergency. [Read more in the Currents]
- Only those with active CCRI e-mail accounts may sign up to receive the alerts.
- Your account would appear as: “firstname.lastname@example.org” --for example: email@example.com
- Some smartphone, prepay or “minutes” cell phone plans may not work with the emergency notification system. Consult the Frequently Asked Questions page to see if you are affected.
To register to receive CCRI Alert text messages and/or e-mails, follow
the steps below or use our sign-up tutorial:
- On the sign-up page, click on “Register Now.”
- Create your account
- Fill out the information form using your cell phone number and your CCRI e-mail address to register.
Confirm your account
- Once you are done, you will receive an e-mail from the RAVE system with a link to your confirmation page.
- Once you click on that link (Hint: keep the web page open), you will be sent a text message with your confirmation code.
- Enter your confirmation code in the “Confirmation Code” field, and click “Finish.”
Choose how you wish to be alerted
- You can now choose to receive CCRI Alert by text, e-mail or both.