About the Committee
The purpose of strategic planning is to determine where the Community College of Rhode Island is going over the next three years. How we are going to get there and how will we know if we got there or not?
The focus of Strategic Planning Committee No. 1 will be “what students will we teach?” Your charge is to develop a set of questions that will help us achieve the answer to this question. Examples of questions that I feel the college should be asking relate to:
- Current assessment of the demographics background of our four campuses and two satellites
- Will we continue to admit students without GEDs and/or high school diplomas?
- A review of current orientation programs
- How will we increase retention and graduation rates?
- Establishing targeted enrollment goals by campus
- Recruitment planning
- Review of policy changes that impede student success
- Requirement of high school transcripts
- Review of testing
- Developmental strategies
The purpose of this task is to identify core questions that will answer the overall question, “what students will we teach”, which is based on what we anticipate the college looking like in 1, 2, and 3 years from now in terms of student enrollment, retention and graduation rates.
The Committee is being asked to:
- Assign responsibility for implementation
- Identify what support will be needed to achieve success
- Assign appropriate funding and identify funding source
- Determine how implementation activities will be reported
- Determine how we will demonstrate that the recommendations have been successfully implemented
|December 2007||Charge to Committee|
|January-March, 2008||Questions identified|
|April-September, 2008||Research completed|
|October-November, 2008||Recommendations forwarded|
|December 2008||Campus discussions|
Committee No. 1
This page developed and maintained by Strategic Planning. Send comments and suggestions to .