Contact InformationBruce Barrett
Director of Networking & Telecommunications
CCRI Knight Campus
LocationCommunity College of Rhode Island
400 East Ave.
Warwick, RI 02860
"Building a Culture of Security Awareness"
Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013
In recognition of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, CCRI held its first ever first-ever Security Awareness Day to educate users of technology at all levels about the risks associated with living our lives online, as well as what can be done to mitigate those risk
- Privacy: Where is the "creepy line"?
- Social media: Common sense is the best defense
- SANS 2013 Critical Security Controls Survey: Moving from awareness to action
- Identity management and how to develop an IAM program
- Budgeting for a security program
- Next generation trends in security detection and prevention technology
- A PCI case study
- Cyber forensics
- Rebecca Herold, the nationally recognized "Privacy Professor"
- Scott G. Brown, FBI Boston Intelligence Branch
- John Pescatore, SANS Director of Emerging Security Trends
- Victor Fay-Wolfe, Ph.D, URI's Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Center
- Dave Sherry, Chief Information Security Officer, Brown University