A message from President Di Pasquale
April 1, 2010
Our friends at the Central R.I. Chamber of Commerce have compiled a list of resources for people that have been impacted by the flooding. I know many of you are going through difficult times with flooded homes and businesses and I hope this information is helpful. A decision on whether classes will be held on Friday will be made later this afternoon.
State of Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency: Site lists information for businesses, owners, renters impacted by flooding.
Steps to take if you are flooded:
- File a Damage Assessment Report: Unemployment waiting period waived to collect; relief granted for unemployment charges for the employer.
- Apply for FEMA Assistance: Site includes information about who is eligible and how to apply.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loan fact sheet: Resources for homeowners, renters and businesses.
- National Grid: Visit this site to report an electrical outage or check the status of a previously reported outage.
- RI Department of Transportation Road Closures
- R.I. Red Cross shelters open
This page developed and maintained by Office of the President. Send comments and suggestions to .