Peer Tutor Checklist
Evaluate your tutoring skills by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do I create an informal, hospitable atmosphere for the student?
- Do I seek to understand the student’s question?
- Do I speak clearly and articulately?
- Do I present clear and accurate explanations?
- Do I organize the work (both oral and written) in a logical sequence.
- Can I present an alternative explanation if needed?
- Do I check to see that the student understands the material?
- Do I encourage the student to become involved in the problem?
- Do I give positive reinforcement to the student for correct work?
- Do I convey to the student an expectation that he/she will learn and improve?
- Do I let the student do most of the talking?
This page developed and maintained by Peer Tutor Program. Send comments and suggestions to .