Peer Tutor Job Description
Purpose of Job:
To tutor and assist students in academic achievement by meeting them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Tutoring is a supplement to teaching.
- Meet with students on a one-to-one or small-group basis to give learning assistance.
- Maintain a weekly schedule of available hours in the Success Center for student appointments for content course and/or learning strategies.
- Keep regular and accurate records of tutoring sessions using the TutorTrac software and/or relevant forms.
- Visit class(es) you are tutoring and make contact with the instructor at least once to obtain any necessary course syllabi or materials.
- Attend tutor-training sessions as required by the Campus Coordinator.
- Attend workshops in order to obtain CRLA certification.
- Assist with additional duties as needed, for example, covering front desk, answering phones, organizing materials, performing other clerical duties.
- Completion of a particular course in which tutoring is being done with earning at least a "B"
- Recommendation from an instructor of each course you wish to tutor.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural, and social backgrounds.
- Good level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
- Appropriate and professional behavior at all times.
- Current enrollment as a CCRI student, at least 6 credits.
This page developed and maintained by Peer Tutor Program. Send comments and suggestions to .