CCRI Bookstore Authorization
- When can I use my CCRI bookstore authorization?
- How do I view my CCRI Bookstore Authorization?
- How much is my bookstore authorization?
- Am I eligible to receive a bookstore authorization if I am only awarded a Direct Loan?
- What if my CCRI bookstore authorization is not posted?
- What if I do not spend all of the CCRI bookstore authorization?
- What happens if I need to return textbooks charged to my CCRI bookstore authorization?
- Can I purchase supplies and other items in the bookstore?
- My books won’t be available until after the authorization ends, what do I do?
- Can I use my Bookstore Authorization to rent textbooks?
A. Bookstore authorizations can be used from January 19, 2016 to February 12, 2016. A photo ID is required to charge in the bookstore. Beginning Monday, January 19, 2016 authorization amounts for the bookstore will be posted to student's individual MyCCRI accounts.
A. To view your bookstore authorization:
- Log into MyCCRI
- Enter your user name and password
- Click For Students
- Click Financial Aid Awards
- Click Award Year 2015-2016
- Click Award Overview tab
If eligible, bookstore authorization will be available to view.
A. Your bookstore authorization is determined by your enrollment status and authorized financial aid minus tuition and fees. Bookstore authorizations range from $25.00 to $600.00.
A. Yes, once you have accepted the loan, completed the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling, and provided there are remaining funds available after tuition and fees are calculated. To remain eligible for a Direct Loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) at the time of disbursement.
A. If your bookstore authorization is not posted; check the following before calling or visiting campus:
- You have been awarded financial aid for the term in question and it is posted in your MyCCRI account.
- Your bill is paid in full or covered by financial aid and there are remaining funds for books.
- You are enrolled in at least three credits.
A. The actual amount charged in the bookstore will be deducted from your financial aid award. If there are no other college charges, the balance will be available beginning in March 2016.
A. If you return a book within the bookstore authorization period, a credit is issued and it will not be deducted from your financial aid.
A. Textbooks, reference books, and related educational supplies sold in the bookstore can be purchased using a bookstore authorization. Purchases of gift cards are prohibited.
A. Contact the campus bookstore. They may allow you to purchase your books and charge your authorization now. You can pick your books up when they become available.
A. Yes, your authorization will pay for the purchase or rental of textbooks if available.