How to Check for Available Courses
Class Schedule Search
Updated on May 1, 2013
The Course Availability option on this Community College of Rhode Island web site
displays the current, up-to-date, available courses for a selected term. This information
can be reviewed either by pure subject area or by campus, time, day, and subject.
If you look through the information by subject only, the following guidelines should
help you to understand where the class that you select is being held:
- The Knight Campus is also known as the Warwick Campus.
The Flanagan Campus is also known as the Lincoln Campus.
The Liston Campus is also known as the Providence Campus.
The Newport County Campus is also known as the Newport Campus.
- Classes whose section number falls between 001 and 149 meet on the Knight Campus.
For example COMI 1100 101 would be an Introduction to Computers course held at the
Knight Campus in Warwick.
- Classes whose section number falls between 150 and 300 meet on the Flanagan Campus.
For example COMI 1100 201 would be an Introduction to Computers course held at the
Flanagan Campus in Lincoln.
- Classes whose section number falls between 301 and 340 meet on the Liston Campus.
For example COMI 1100 301 would be an Introduction to Computers course held at the
Liston Campus in Providence.
- Classes whose section number falls between 341 and 500 meet at various satellite campuses.
Please refer to the available course section list to determine the location of the
class that you are selecting.
Proceed to Currently Available Courses »
Search For Credit and Non-Credit ON-CAMPUS Courses
The following screen shots show you how to check the availability of a course:
- From the CCRI home page, select the "Courses" link in the "Quick Links" drop-down menu.
- On the Available Courses Page, click the " SEARCH by subject, day, time and site" link.
- When the Class Schedule Term Selection window opens:
- Select the term in which you wish to search from the drop-down menu.
- For credit offerings, choose the appropriate Fall, Spring, or Summer term.
- For non-credit offerings, including RI Driver’s Education, choose the appropriate Center for Workforce and
Community Education term designated by CWCE Spring(Jan-Jun) or CWCE Fall (Jul-Dec) .
- Then click the "Submit" button.
- On the "Class Schedule Search" screen, select the Subject from the scrolling window. The rest of the boxes can be left blank to see ALL courses
(To narrow the search, fill-out or select the more specific parameters offered, such as campus, time, day,
Enter your selections by clicking the "Class Search" button.
- From the "Class Schedule Listing" window, you can see where and when the class meets, who the instructor is, etc.
Each campus is separated by a different colored background.
To get more detailed course information, including, the course's "Catalog Entry" and "Registration Availability" -whether the class is still open, and if so, how many seats are still available,
click on the CRN number in the second column from the right.
Please note: If the course is Closed it has reached maximum enrollment. If the course is Canceled, it will not be offered during the term you have selected.
- After clicking on the CRN link, a "Detailed Class Information" window will appear containing various information including how many seats are still
available for registration (Registration Availability).
If you would like to view the catalog entry on the course, click the "View Catalog Entry" link:
- The Catalog Entries window displays the course description, credits, lab hours, to which "Division" and
"Department" the course belongs in, etc.
To view further details about the course, click the course title link:
- A second "Detailed Course Information" window appears which gives additional details about the course, such as any "Restrictions" and "Prerequisites" which may apply to the course.
You may use the links at the bottom of this window to either "Return to Previous" page or initiate a "New Search":
Proceed to Currently Available Courses »