- 1/2 pound piece of Pancetta
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- A liberal grinding of pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti, drained and hot
Cut a 1/2 pound piece of pancetta. Crush and peel the garlic. Put the garlic in a small saute pan with the extra virgin olive oil and saute until it turns deep gold. Remove the garlic from the pan and put in the strips of pancetta. Cook them until they begin to crisp on the edges.
Add the wine. Cook the wine down for 2 minutes. Break the eggs into a pasta serving bowl. Beat them lightly with a fork. Then add the Romano, Parmigiano-Reggiano, pepper and parsley. Mix thoroughly. Add drained, hot pasta to the bowl and toss rapidly to coat the strands well. Add the Pancetta and wine. Toss again and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of David Rosengarten.
This page developed and maintained by Italian Club. Send comments and suggestions to .