How to create image galleries
- Prepare your images so that they are web-ready by downsizing and/or cropping them.
- Login to OUCampus
- Click on Assets in the upper left-hand corner
- Click the "new" button in the upper right-hand corner
- Choose "Image Gallery" (second button from the right)
- Give your new gallery asset a name. We suggest following this naming convention: "directory - year - title" and then click save.
Example: Create a gallery named "Sample Gallery" inside the /it/webservices/2014/ directory (also called a folder, sub folder, website, or site). The new asset would be named "it - webservices - 2014 - Sample Gallery"
- Fill in each field using the directions below:
- Add a brief description
- Add "Tags," which are key words used when searching for the asset from within OUCampus
- Leave the "Maximum Thumbnail Size" set to 100x100
- Leave aspect ratio set to "Original"
- Choose who can edit this gallery asset
- Click "Save" at bottom of window
- After the asset has been saved, click on the "Edit" button
- Click the "New" button near the bottom of the window
- Select the images you wish to add to the gallery.
To select more than one image at a time:
- Click the first image file
- Press and hold the shift key on the keyboard
- Click the last image file
- Click "Open"
- After the images have been uploaded, click "Save"
- Publish the new gallery asset
- Embed the asset onto a new page by following the How to embed a new asset onto a page tutorial.