How to create a new form asset
- Login to OUCampus
- Click on Assets in the upper left-hand corner under Content
- Click the "new" button in the upper right-hand corner
- Choose "Form" on the right
- Fill in each field using the directions below:
- Give your form asset a name. We suggest following this naming convention: "directory - form name"
Example: Create a form named "Feedback" inside the /it/webservices/ directory (also called
a folder, sub-folder, website, or site). The new asset would be named "it - webservices - Feedback"
- Add a brief description
- Add "Tags," which are key words used when searching for the asset
- Choose who can edit this asset
- Type the following code into the Success Message box and then customize if desired:
<h2>Your form has been submitted successfully.</h2> <p>Thank you.</p>
- Type the following code into the Failure Message box and the customize if desired:
<p>We're sorry. Something went wrong. Please check your information below and try
- Leave the "Save Results in Database" checkbox checked
- Click "Create" at bottom of window
- After the asset has been created, check the page out, then click on the "Edit" button
- To add elements to the form: on the left side of the screen, click the green plus
marks in the "Form Elements" toolbar, or drag the element into the element area.
- Type a simple, one-word name for the label.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each form element needed.
- Click "Save" when finished adding elements.
- After the asset has been saved again, make sure the page is still checked out to you,
then click on the "Edit" button.
- If desired, change the text inside the label field. Whatever is typed here will be
what the users see when the form is published.
Example: When first created, the label of this element was "department." After the initial save, the label can be changed to display more meaningful text.
In this example, it was changed to "Academic department:."
- Click "Save" when finished editing the element labels.
- Publish the new form asset by clicking the "publish" button at the top.
- Embed the asset onto a new page by following the How to embed a new asset onto a page tutorial.