Microsoft Home Use Program for Faculty and Staff
What is the Home Use Program?
What do I get?
Are there any restrictions?
How do I get this software?
As part of the Microsoft Campus Agreement CCRI Faculty and Staff are eligible to purchase
Microsoft Office 2016 products for their home computers through Microsoft’s Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP).
Office Professional Plus 2016 (for Windows) includes:
- Access 2016
- PowerPoint 2016
- Excel 2016
- Publisher 2016
- InfoPath 2016
- Skype 2016
- OneNote 2016
- Word 2016
- Outlook 2016
Office for MAC 2016 includes:
- Excel for MAC 2016
- Outlook for MAC 2016
- PowerPoint for MAC 2016
- Word for MAC 2016
Cost for an at-home download is $9.95 (plus tax) provides you with a license key and
allows you to download one copy of the software. An optional back-up DVD can be purchased
for an additional $15.95, which includes shipping.
- The program is for current CCRI faculty and staff only. Students are not authorized to use the program
- The program allows a user to purchase the Windows and the Mac version of Office.
- The software version purchased can be installed on both one home computer and one
portable device, but can only be used on one device at a time.
- If you are no longer employed by CCRI, your home use of Microsoft Office is no longer
governed by CCRI’s Microsoft Campus Agreement: you either have to remove the software
from your computer(s), or purchase an appropriate license.
- If the Campus Agreement ends, the home use license ends as well: you either have to
remove the software from your computer(s), or purchase an appropriate license.
- You cannot sell, resell, or transfer the license or media to someone else.
- You do not purchase the software, but the right to use it. The licensed product must
be used on a personally owned computer. It may not be installed or used on any college-owned
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program website, please follow the steps below. Please
note that you should not use Google Chrome as your browser when downloading Office.
- Go to https://www.microsofthup.com/
- You'll be prompted to enter your work email address. Enter your @ccri.edu email address.
- An email will be sent your @ccri.edu email address. Click on the link provided in
the email to access the HUP store.
- You can purchase license key for either Office for Mac or PC. You will also be given
the option to purchase an additional backup media if you wish.
- Checkout and download the software on the machine you wish to run it on.
If you still have more questions about the program, you can visit the Microsoft HUP Frequently Asked Questions or contact the Help Desk at 825.1112 or by email email@example.com