Academic Technology Advisory Committee
Mission and Goal:
The mission of the Academic Technology Advisory Committee is to bring faculty from college-wide academic areas together with staff from the Department of Information Technology to exchange ideas, assess technological needs, and make recommendations regarding the integration of current and future technologies at CCRI.
The goal is to influence academic pedagogy with various instructional tools, technical equipment and digital media applications in order to enhance teaching and learning.
Roles and Responsibilities of the ATAC Committee:
- Monitor the college's progress in meeting established academic technology goals
- Introduce technological initiatives that enhance instruction and learning
- Provide a vehicle for the general faculty to make recommendations regarding the use of technology
- Assess and evaluate learning management systems and supported instructional applications
- Evaluate ongoing technology usage, support services, and resources
- Review proposals for new projects and rank priorities
- Encourage information exchange by communicating information from committee to colleagues
- Forward recommendations to the Institutional Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) and the President's Council
The Academic Technology Committee will forward appropriate recommendations to the Institutional Technical Advisory Committee.
Faculty Survey on Instructional Technology Use, Resources and Support - May 2004 (PDF file*) Final Report
|Linda Richard, Chair||Information Technology|
|Dawn Lewis, Co-chair||Information Technology|
|Mary Adele Combe||Information Technology|
|Vincent Balasco||Business Affairs Office|
|Jerry Bernardini||Engineering & Technology|
|Margaret Burke||Computer Studies|
|Jennifer Hurrell||Rehabilitative Health|
|Kay Johnson||Computer Studies|
|Donna Mesolella||Academic Affairs Office|
|Elizabeth Morais||Foreign Language|
|Carol Panaccione||Foreign Language|
|Bill Pellicio||Human Services|
|Stephen Vieira||Information Technology|
|Pamela Wood||Dental Health/Hygiene|
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .