Email Frequently Asked Questions
- How do access I my student email account?
- What is my O365 Student Email Login User ID and Password?
- What is my student O365 email address?
- What browsers are fully supported and tested to access e-mail on O365?
- Will I have a mail quota or other email limitations?
- I am trying to send email, why is there no Send button?
- Does O365 provide anti-spam protection?
- Is information contained within my email and attachments secure?
- How do I open messages and attachments?
- Can I automatically forward all my email from O365 to another email provider e.g. Yahoo, GMail?
- Can I automatically forward all email from another provider to O365 for education?
- How will I use O365 for email and calendar?
- What are the benefits of email and calendaring?
- Can I keep this O365 e-mail account after I graduate from CCRI?
Students can now access their CCRI email either by going to the MyCCRI portal login page and clicking on the Login to student email icon, or by logging in directly to: Outlook.com.
Depending on whether you are logging in to your email from on-campus or off-campus, you will need to perform procedures particular to your location and the application you are using. For specific directions, please select the appropriate tutorial on this page
You log into O365 with your Knight account username and password.
Your O365 email address is: "firstname.lastname@example.org". If you don't know your user name, follow the directions below.
In order to find your username:
- Go to the Knight Username Look-up page .
- You will be prompted for your ID Number (see "How to view your CCRI ID number") OR your 9-digit Social Security number and date of birth in the format of mmddyyyy.
- Press the Lookup button to process your inquiry. If successful, the following information will be returned:
- Your Knight username
- Your CCRI ID number
- Your Knight email address
- If you make a mistake, click the Clear button and start over.
If you don't know your password:
- If you're already enrolled in SMOP, go to the Self-Service Password Maintenance Site and click on Reset Forgotten Password
- Enter your username and then click on Continue
- You will then be prompted to answer the 2 security questions that you previously setup. If you are able to answer the questions successfully, you will then be able to reset your password. Please note that the answers to the questions are case sensitive.
- If you are unable to answer the questions successfully, please review our Knight Account Password Reset Policy
If you have questions about retrieving your username, please contact the Help Desk at 825-1112.
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Latest Firefox “Release” version
- Safari 5 or above
- Latest Chrome “Stable” version
The specifications below outline the mailbox storage capacity limits as well as message and recipient size quotas associated with O365.
Mail size quotas / limitations:
- 25 GB email mailbox storage by default with options to expand
- 25 MB email message size
- Max 500 recipients per message
- Max 1500 messages per user per day
If you are using Firefox as your browser, you will need to maximize the email window and the Send button will then be available.
Yes. O365 has its own anti-span mail filters and virus protection. Messages sent to you will be scanned and filtered automatically. Please remember to check your Junk E-Mail folder to avoid missing a real message mistakenly marked as spam.
O365 upholds up-to-date defenses against viruses and spam with Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, which is updated to address new virus and spam threats the moment they appear. Microsoft safeguards data by hosting it in geographically-distributed data centers, with continuous data backup and premier disaster recovery capabilities.
Open attachments only from a trusted source.
If opening an attachment from a public or shared computer, click the Open as Web Page link. This will protect you from possible virus attacks and prevents a copy of the attachment from being created on the computer.
If you open an attachment directly, save it to a folder or a Desktop and then open it from that location. When finished delete the attachment and empty the Recycle Bin or trash.
Setup email forwarding
- Log into your student email
- Click Settings > Options > Account > Forwarding
- Select Start Forwarding
- In Forward my email to, type the email address you want to forward your student email to
Stop email forwarding
- In your student email click Settings > Options > Account > Forwarding
- In the forwarding section, select Stop forwarding
Change email forwarding settings
After you've set up email forwarding, you may want to change the address your email should be forwarded to. You may also want to change the setting for keeping a copy of your email in your student mailbox.
- In your student email, click Settings > Options > Account > Connected accounts
- In the Forwarding section, do one of the following:
- To change the email address your mail should be forwarded to, in Forward my email to, edit the email address.
- To change the setting for keeping a copy of messages in your O365 mailbox, select or clear the Keep a copy of forwarded messages in O365 check box.
- Click Save
You will need to check with your provider which has their own documentation on how to forward email from their system to another email system.
Web browser Outlook Web App (OWA) lets you use a Web browser to access your mailbox from any computer that has an Internet connection. You can use it to read and send email messages, organize contacts, create tasks, and manage your calendar. You can use Outlook Web App with almost any Web browser. This includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Chrome, and most other Web browsers on computers running UNIX, Apple Macintosh, or Windows.
- Desktop - you can access Office 365 using your desktop Microsoft Outlook application in addition to Microsoft Outlook Web App.
- Mobile phones and tablets - Office 365 also works with a variety of mobile phones and tablets. You can set up your mobile phone or device to access your email, calendar information, contacts, and tasks. To configure your mobile phone or device, please visit our Mobile Phone Setup page.
The Office 365 email & calendaring solution provides business-class email, calendar and contacts to a user's computer, phone and web browser. Delivered as a hosted service from Microsoft, it offers a high standard of physical and digital security for your information while providing the control you want and the reliability your business needs. Office 365 runs your email on Microsoft's globally-redundant servers protected by built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters.
Yes. After graduating from CCRI you may keep your Office 365 for education email account. Note: some features of O365 will not be available after graduation including Lync, Sharepoint, and Office Desktop Apps.This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .