Faculty Technology Showcase in May - Update
On Friday, May 16, 2008 over 40 faculty and staff gathered for a Faculty Technology Showcase at the Warwick campus hosted by the Department of Information Technology. This three-hour event featured 13 CCRI faculty presenters who shared their strategies and tools with their peers, culminating in a wonderful lunch to continue the discussion. Topics ran the gamut from classroom technologies, multimedia use and online tools. The program featured the following faculty and topics:
- Using Screen Capture to add Visual Enhancement to Your Course – Kay Johnson, Computer Studies
- Connecting Author and Students across Continents – Karen Anderson, English and Carol Panaccione, Foreign Language
- Enriching Distance Courses with Online Orientation and Rich Multimedia – Jennifer Hurrell, Rehabilitative Health
- Using Video to Demonstrate and Archive Concepts – Susan Sienkiewicz, Nursing
- Engaging Multiple Learning Styles, Providing Review and Practice – Bill Johnson, Biology
- Employing Formative Assessment and Active Learning with Clickers – Sandra Megerdichian, Nursing and Bill Pellicio, Human Services
- Using SMART Sympodiums/ Document Cameras to Enhance Classroom Instruction – Don Jurkowitz, Chemistry; Lynda Cross, Math; Kathy Beauchene, English; and Gene Grande, IT
- Using Simulations as an Active Learning Strategy – Manuela Lescault and Susan Sienkiewicz, Nursing
All participants received PowerPoint presenters as well as lots of new ideas to bring back to their own classes.
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .