Connecting and Disconnecting to CCRI’s WebVPN Service
To establish an AnyConnect VPN connection after installing the client:
- Click on the "Start" button, in the lower left hand corner of the screen
- Click on "All Programs"
- Click on the "Cisco" folder to open it
- Click on the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" folder to open it
- Click on the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" icon to launch the program:
- The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client box will appear with "ccriconnect.ccri.edu" in the "Connect to:" field:
- Click the "Select" button.
- You will then be prompted to select your group:
- Click on the down arrow for Group and select your department
- Next, enter your username and password in the appropriate fields
- Click the "Connect" button
- A notification box indicating that you are accessing CCRI’s Network will appear:
- Click the "Accept" button to continue
- A Security Alert will appear:
- Click the "Yes" button to continue
- You have now successfully installed the VPN client and established a connection. To verify, view the VPN icon:
- On a Windows 7 machine, you may have to click on the little up-arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen (near the time) to see the icon.:
- On a Windows XP machine, the VPN icon will appear in the system tray in the lower right-hand corner of the screen near the time.
To end your VPN session
- Right click on the VPN icon (see above for location) and select "Disconnect" from the pop-up menu
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .