- Double-check that you are up-to-date
- Double-check that the battery is fully charged
- Avoid underpowered USB docks
- The iPad screen doesn't respond, only partially or is slow to respond
- iPad is flat and won't charge
- Trouble with Application
- Install the App directly from the iPad
- You're having network problems
- Cannot sync iPad or doesn't show up in iTunes
- No video
- As a last resort perform a full restore
Double-check that you are up-to-date
Connect the iPad to iTunes through the USB cord and confirm that the latest iTunes are installed and software is up to date.
Double-check that the battery is fully charged
Use the 10W USB power adapter that came with the iPad and charge it for at least 20 minutes.
Avoid underpowered USB docks
A number of USB docks will not charge an iPad when connected. Always plug into a high power USB port. On some PCs, USB ports on the front of the computer are lower power, so you will need to plug into one on the back
The iPad screen doesn't respond, only partially or is slow to respond
Check your hands
Don't wear gloves, use wet hands or use it immediately after putting on lotion.
Remove the protective sheet
If you have a protective sheet on the screen, try removing it to see if it responds better.
Try a power cycle (turn it off and back on)
Hold down the Sleep/Wake button on the top until you see the red arrow with the "slide to power off" prompt. Slide that arrow to turn off the iPad. Then turn it back on by holding down the Sleep/Wake button again.
Try a hard reset
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
iPad is flat and won't charge
- The red battery symbol won’t appear when you plug it in to charge (indicating charging)
Leave it plugged in and wait the charging symbol will appear eventually
Trouble with an Application
Application is frozen
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears
- Release the Sleep/Wake button
- Press and hold the Home button (five seconds)
Delete the App and reinstall from the MAC
- Tap and hold the app's icon until it wiggles
- Click on the x to delete it
- Tap the Home button to stop the wiggling
- Plug the ipad into Mac with the USB cable and start iTunes
- Select the iPad in the source column on the left and click the Apps tab in the iTunes window on the right.
- Find the app you deleted and make sure its checked
- Click the sync button at the bottom
Install the App directly from the iPad
- Delete the app
- Launch the app store from the iPad, find the app in the store and re-download it
- If the app was already purchased you won't be charged again from iTunes
You're having network problems
- Open Settings app
- Tap General, Tap Reset, Tap “Reset Network Settings” (factory defaults reset)
- All saved Wi-Fi secure network passwords will be lost but can be re-enter again when connecting to the network
Cannot sync iPad or doesn't show up in iTunes
- Disconnect other USB devices from your computer and connect iPad to a different USB 2.0 port on your computer (not on your keyboard).
- Turn iPad off and turn it on again
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPad for a few seconds, until a red slider appears
- Slide the slider
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears
- Restart your computer
- Then reconnect iPad to your computer
- Download and install (or reinstall) the latest version of iTunes
- Connect iPad to the 10W USB Power Adapter with the Dock Connector to USB Cable
- Charge the iPad for at least fifteen minutes and then see if it starts up normally
- If the red battery icon is displayed on the screen, let it to continue to charge until it turns on
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, go to iTunes and restore.
As a last resort perform a full restore
- All apps and settings will be removed
- Plug the iPad into iTunes
- Control-click on the iPad in the source list and select Backup. Wait until finished
- Control-click again on the iPad and select Restore from Backup and choose latest backup. (may take several minutes)
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .