- How to add more Apps to your iPad Dock
- Add up to 6 Apps in the bottom tray - Safari, Mail, Photos and iPod
- How to delete apps from your iPad
- Close running Apps on iPad
- Double-clicking the Home button shows you all the apps that are running in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
- To switch to a running app Tap on it here in this bar.
- Swipe the screen downwards to remove this bar.
The iPad has four icons in its ‘dock’. (it can hold 6) - Safari, Mail, Photos and iPod.
- Locate an App you want to add to the dock. Tap it and hold down on your screen until all the App icons ‘wiggle’
- Drag the App down to the Dock and while it’s hovering over the Dock, let go of it with your finger
- When you are done, press the Home button to save your new arrangement.
- Click and hold on any icon until all the App icons ‘wiggle’
- Drag any two additional apps into the bottom tray.
- On the springboard, locate the app you want to delete.
- Tap and hold down the icon of the application you want to delete. Your screen will start to “wiggle” and an X will appear next to each of the apps you’ve installed.
- Tap the X next to the icon of the app you want to remove.
- Select Delete.
- If the application is listed in your iTunes Applications as well, you’ll want to remove it from there or else it will re-install the next time you sync. Or keep the app in your iTunes Applications, and set iTunes not to sync all applications, just the ones you want to keep.
- Double-click the Home button.
- Tap and hold down on any one of the currently running Apps
- Each App will start to “wiggle” and now has a small “minus sign” circle in the upper left corner. Tap the “minus sign” of the App you want to close/quit
- That App will now close
- You can continue tapping the “minus signs” to close all open Apps, if needed
This page developed and maintained by Information Technology. Send comments and suggestions to .