Make Excel Files Accessible
How to check accessibility for an Office document?
How to Make an Excel file Accessible:
- Specify column header information in Excel tables. This helps provide context and
assists in the navigation of the table’s content.
- Avoid using blank cells, rows, or columns for formatting. Blank cells, rows, or columns
could mislead someone using a screen reader into thinking that there is nothing more
in the table.
- Avoid merging cells. It creates difficulties for assistive technologies to navigate
the spreadsheet using the keyboard.
- Provide meaningful names for the workbook and for each spreadsheet in the file.
- Provide alternative text for images, formulas and graphics.
Read a Mac version of this tutorial