Respondus Campus Installation
Please follow the steps below to download and install Respondus 4.0 on your PC. Click
on the following link to download Respondus Campus.
Download Respondus 4.0 (12Mb)
(Download requires Login - see login instructions)
Run the program after download; follow the instructions provided below.
- The Respondus Install Wizard will begin. Click Next.
- Click the Radio button next to I accept the terms of the license agreement and then click Next.
- Next you will be prompted Choose Destination Folder. Do not change the location, click Next.
- You will also be prompted to select the Projects Folder Location. Do not change the location, click Next.
- Respondus is now ready to begin the installation, click Install.
- Respondus will ask if you would like to install the Respondus Equation Editor. Select Yes if you are going to be using equations in your tests, or No if you are not.
- Respondus has now finished the installation on your computer, click Finish.
- You will now have a desktop icon for Respondus. Double-click the icon to open Respondus.
The first time you open Respondus, you will be prompted to fill in the Institution
Name, Local Support Contact, and the Installation password. Click License.
NOTE: Please type in the information exactly as follows:
Institution Name - Community College of Rhode Island
Local Support Contact(s) - Helpdesk, firstname.lastname@example.org
Installation Password - ZB821407474-573738902
- You will be prompted to choose the college's Course Management System (CMS) Personality. Select Blackboard 6.3 - 9.x from the drop down list and click Ok.
- You will now be on the Respondus home page. Click on the Preview & Publish tab at the top of the page.
NOTE: Make sure you have the latest version of Respondus installed ("Help" > "Check
for update"). Internet Explorer has to be open in the background before you can publish
a test to Blackboard.
- You will need to fill in some information the first time you access Respondus on your
computer. For 1. Choose Server, click the drop down arrow and select add new server.
- Select the radio button for Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, and click Next.
- Type in a name for the server and select Run connection test. Click Next.
- The Bb login page will open, type in your domain username/password.
- Click on "Close After Login." Respondus will run the connection test. Click Next. You will see "Completed Successfully" at the bottom of the page. Click Finish.
- You have now configured the server settings for Respondus. Click Finish. (If If the installation is not successful, call the Help Desk x1112.)