1994 Hall of Fame inductee
Albert E. Carlotti Sr.
Albert E. Carlotti, Sr. was appointed chair of the Board of Regents in 1973. During his tenure as chair, the Flanagan Campus in Lincoln was constructed, the name of the college was changed from Rhode Island Junior College to Community College of Rhode Island and President Ed Liston was chosen as the institution’s second president. In 1981, when the board was divided into the Board of Governors for Higher Education, Carlotti then served as its chair until his retirement in 1989.
Carlotti is a member of the class of 1932 of the University of Rhode Island where he graduated with honors in Mechanical Engineering. He serves as the chair of the URI Foundation’s Investment Committee.
This page developed and maintained by Hall of Fame. Send comments and suggestions to .