French and German Clubs / CCRI Service Learning Program:
September 2011 – May 2012: Our 5 Causes for this semester
- Project Have Hope – Total Raised $2,483
Providence Animal Shelter – Total Donated:
- Fall 2011 $706.00
- Spring 2012 - $449.58
- Toy Drive Giveaway for CCRI Community
- Providence Rescue Mission – 627 Cranston Street, Providence, RI 02907
- Supporting Shriners Children’s Hospital through Tab Drive Collection
Weekly Meetings: Every Thursday @ 11:30 a.m. in attendance 15-30 students
2011-2012 Highlights of the Activities of the French and German Clubs include:
- Thursday October 6, 2011 – Fundraiser #1 - Project Have Hope – Sold Pumpkins
- Saturday, October 22, 2011 - Trip to Harvard University Art Museums
- Thursday, October 13, 2011 – Fundraiser #2 for Project Have Hope
- Thursday, October 19, 2011 – College-Wide Forum: Vision of Hope
Karen Sparacio, director of Project Have Hope, and Ayaa Grace, Project Have Hope's director of Operations in Uganda, who is on her first tour of the United States, will present "A Vision of Hope: The Story of Grace and her Journey in Africa" from noon to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19, in Room 4090 at the Knight Campus in Warwick. URI student Brittany DeOliveira, who traveled this summer to Uganda as a volunteer for Project Have Hope, will also share her experiences. In Brittany's words, "One voice. One change. One person. That's all it takes to make a difference." The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the students of the French and German clubs and The Learner's Journey class. Refreshments will be served. For more information, please contact Carol Panaccione in the Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures or visit Project Have Hope's Web site . DONATION #1: $1,112
- Wednesday, November 2, 2011 Fundraiser #3 for Project Have Hope
- Monday, November 7, 2011 – Bake Sale #1 for Providence Animal Shelter
- Wednesday, November 9, 2011 – Trip to the Museum of Work & Culture, Woonsocket, RI with Dr. Notarianni-Girard and the French Club, Lincoln
- Wednesday, November 2, 2011 Fundraiser #4 for Project Have Hope
- Monday, November 14, 2011 – Bake Sale #2 for Providence Animal Shelter – Total Raised for Providence animal Shelter - $706
- Wednesday, November 16, 2011 – Fundraiser to support family in need – Total Raised: $166.00
- Wednesday, November 21, 2011 Fundraiser #5 for Project Have Hope
- Wednesday, November 23, 2011 – Bake Sale #1 for Toy Drive Giveaway
- December 1, 2010 Bake Sale #2 for Toy Drive Giveaway
Monday, December 5, 2011 – Toy Shopping for Toy Drive Giveaway
- Thursday, December 8, 2011 – Fundraiser #6 for Project Have Hope
- Donation #2 for Project Have Hope: $1,272.00
- Thursday, December 8, 2011- Toy Shopping for Toy Drive Giveaway
- Wednesday, December 14, 2011 – Toy Giveaway 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Santa's coming to town! Free Toys for CCRI Community
The French and German clubs are sponsoring a free Toy Giveaway from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14 to those of the CCRI community. Stop by the Lower Commons and say hello to Santa and his elves to pick up a toy. For more information, please contact Professor Carol Panaccione at email@example.com.
- Thursday, December 15, 2011 – Sent out 2 care packages of donated items collected by students for those serving in the military stationed in Afghanistan
- Friday, December 16, 2011 – Delivery of Donation and purchased items to the Providence Animal Rescue League, 34 Elbow Street, Providence RI, 02903
- Wednesday, December 21, 2011 – Group of 18 students volunteered at the Providence Rescue Mission serving food to over 150 individuals. We donated and served the food for this evening dinner. Students also assisted in the gift shop distributing donated Christmas presents as well as wrapping the gifts.
- Thursday, February 9, 2012 – Project Have Hope Fundraiser #6 for Project Have Hope $354.00
- Thursday, March 1, 2012 - Fundraiser #7 for Project Have Hope – $128.00
- Thursday, March 8, 2012 – Fundraiser/Bake Sale for Providence Animal Shelter – Raised $204.58
- March 29th – Fundraiser/ Bake Sale for Project Have Hope and Animal Shelter – Raised $44.00 for Project Have Hope and $245.00 for Animal Shelter
- Thursday, April 12, 2012 – Fundraiser #8 for Project Have Hope – Raised #235.00 for Global Giving to put Project Have Hope as a permanent non-profit organization on this website. (Donated $235.00 online) Raised $61.00 from Event through jewelry sales.
- Saturday, April 14, 2012 – Cultural Excursion to New York City – 2 Coach Busses with Professor Mansella, Advisor to the Italian Club
- Wednesday, May 9, 2012 – Items for Providence Animal Shelter gathered for delivery. Items delivered on May 17, 2012.
- September 2011 – May 2012 Tab Drive for Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Final delivery made in May 2012 of over 80 pounds of tabs
The activities of the French and German clubs have fostered a spirit of comradeship among the students.
This page developed and maintained by German & French Club. Send comments and suggestions to .