Norm produces digital video for marketing purposes, training and instruction. Prior to joining the Marketing and Communications department, Norm worked in the college's Department of Information Technology, where he produced video and assisted instructors with instructional technology. He began his career as a photojournalist. His photos have appeared in the New York Daily News, Boston Globe, New England Magazine, Hartford Courant, USA Today, Sailing World and Bloomberg Finance. He is also a documentary filmmaker and teaches CCRI communication courses as an adjunct instructor. Norm holds a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy as well as master's degrees in media studies and instructional technology from Rhode Island College.
• 2015 – Second Place, College Promotional Video, NCMPR
• 2014 – First Place, Television Advertising / Single Spot, Choose CCRI, 30th Annual Educational Advertising Awards, Higher Education. Marketing
• 2008 – Best Edited Video Segment or PSA, New England Association of Fire Chiefs, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 2008 – Best Documentary, New England Association of Fire Chiefs, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 2005 – Best Cooperative Effort with a Non-Profit Group, Score, Rhode Island PEG Awards
• 1982 – Third Place Feature Photo, New England Associated Press News Executives Association
• 1979 – First Place Spot News Photo, New England Associated Press News Executives Association