1) TERMINOLOGY: You are responsible for learning the terminology covered in Lab #1.
You will have a quiz on terminology during the next lab.
(there is a video on reserve in the library, by Dr Royal and Wendy Pelto, demonstrating most of the terminology)
2) SAFETY: You are responsible for learning lab safety rules, including how to find out safety information about a chemical.
You are responsible for taking an online safety quiz before you enter your next anatomy lab.
How to learn about lab safety:
To begin, click on to Laboratory Safety Policies (on the CCRI web site). You may print out a copy. Read and learn.
Then you get to research the safety of a chemical substance by using an SDS, Safety Data Sheet
- click on to www.osha.gov to learn what information is found on these safety data sheets.
- a chemical we use in the lab is 70% denatured ethanol
- find an SDS for this chemical (available from any company selling the chemical) by going to www.carolina.com
- click on tab containing (M)SDS then click on sidebar tab labeled (M)SDS
- search by first letter to find ethanol, denatured, 70%
- click on it to view the SDS (you may want to print out a copy of it to answer questions on the safety quiz)
How to take the online safety quiz:
When you have learned the above information, you are ready to go to Blackboard (found on CCRI web site) for an online safety quiz.
You must earn 100% on this quiz to continue in future anatomy laboratories. The quiz can be taken as many times as necessary, your
highest score will be saved.
return to lab resourcesLast Updated: 10/16/18