STUDY GUIDE QUESTIONS: SKULL
After identifying the bones of the skull and their markings, try answering these
questions as a way to become more familiar with the skull.
1. Name the bones that form the orbit of the eye.
2. Name the bones that occur in pairs.
3. Name the bones that are single.
4. Name the bones that form the nasal cavity.
5. Which bones are joined by the coronal suture?
6. Name the bones that contact the sphenoid bone.
7. Name the bones that form the hard palate.
8. Which bones contain teeth?
9. Which bone has foramina for both the jugular vein and carotid artery? For optic nerve?
10. Where is the petrous portion of temporal bone located?