Overview of Distance Learning at CCRI
In 2011, CCRI offered 327 Distance Learning courses to students with a headcount enrollment in the Fall semester of 1445. Seventy-seven faculty members in seventeen departments teach Distance Learning courses at CCRI.
A CCRI student can fulfill all of the general education requirements through online offerings. Twenty-six degree programs and several certificate programs offer more than 50% of courses in an online format.
There is a Distance Learning for Students website that contains resources for students and a Distance Learning for Faculty website that includes the Distance Learning policy. There is technological and pedagogical support for Distance Learning faculty that includes the Centers for Instructional Technology and the DL Pedagogy Forum in Blackboard, in which all Distance Learning faculty members and Distance Learning Advisory Committee members are enrolled.
For an orientation to Distance Learning at CCRI, you can watch one or both of the following videos, or view the accompanying transcripts and handout.
- This four-minute video provides an overview of Distance Learning at CCRI - Requires Adobe Flash to view.
- This six-minute video provides an orientation to teaching at a Distance at CCRI for prospective distance faculty and others interested in the process - Requires Adobe Flash to view.
- Overview transcript - PDF*
- Orientation transcript - PDF*
- New Faculty Orientation Handout, including links from the videos - PDF*
This page developed and maintained by Distance Learning for Faculty. Send comments and suggestions to .