Student Health Information
1. Prior to entering the program, dental health students must complete and return the college health form and meet the specific requirements for dental health students.
2. Students are not required to be tested for bloodborne diseases. Individuals who disclose the presence of bloodborne infectious disease states will be shown the same consideration as non-infected individuals. Should the individual‘s condition be considered a handicap, he/she will be referred to the appropriate support services. Information pertaining to health status of each individual is maintained in strict confidence.
3. Students with any medical condition where activity is restricted must provide their physician's written permission to participate in the Dental Health Programs.
4. All female students will be requested to inform the Program Director and course coordinators if they are pregnant. A pregnant student may continue in her assigned clinical, radiography and materials activities provided her physician has given written permission for her to do so. The student will be advised of the department policies regarding continuance in the clinic and laboratories while pregnant and will be provided with a list of chemicals used in the Dental Health Department.
5. Students with a history of artificial cardiac valves, congenital heart defects, cardiac transplants, cardiac shunts, infective endocarditis or total joint replacement must provide documentation from their physician stating whether or not prophylactic antibiotic premedication is required for dental treatment.
Students sit as patients for each other in the first semester .
This page developed and maintained by Dental Health Programs. Send comments and suggestions to .