Dr. Cap H. Frank
Assistant to the Program Director
Direct Support Professional Training
The Community College of Rhode Island and the J. Arthur Trudeau Memorial Center are offering a NEW, 10-week program to train students for careers as direct support professionals. Training Sessions will include:
- direct support professional training, including topics such as crisis response training, CPR/first aid, healthy lifestyles, ethics, positive behavior support, introduction to mental health, aging and Alzheimer's topics, teaching and learning styles, sensitivity and awareness and working with people with developmental disabilities.
- customized PACE.2.Employment training including work readiness and employability training, communication skills training, human relations and more.
- job search assistance, mock interviews and guest speakers.
In the final six weeks of the program, participants will complete a 85-hour internship at human services agencies throughout Rhode Island.
Contact program organizers to learn how you could receive a $1,000 stipend and can earn 6 college credits.
Potential students must:
- Be 18 or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED® credential.
- Have no past criminal record.
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Be able to read and speak English clearly enough to understand how to provide patients with their medication and understand how to meet patient demands
Interested candidates can call 401-455-6161 for more information.
This page developed and maintained by PACE. Send comments and suggestions to .