Hospital-based Massage Therapy Training II
This course is designed as a level II training for licensed massage therapists who have successfully completed level I.
Enhance your clinical skills by working with individuals in a hospital-based environment. Develop a better understanding of the scope of the intrinsic factors involved with this population by working directly with patients receiving chemotherapy, radiation and hospital stay following treatment or surgery and other health care conditions. Learn integrative massage skills with protocols specific to pressure adjustments, sites to avoid and client positioning. Aspects of physiological changes during the massage treatment will be outlined in steps so therapists can work safely and skillfully with this population.
- Demonstrate ability to obtain patient assignment from nursing assignment board
- Demonstrate ability to take patient report in morning staff meeting
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with assigned patient primary care nurse
- Demonstrate ability to integrate patient care plan with physical therapy and occupational therapy for enhanced patient outcome
- Increase awareness of ongoing assessment of patient psychosocial, physical, emotional, spiritual stages as applied to Kubler Ross
- Increase knowledge of infection control and take necessary precautions as indicated in hospital policy
- Have an understanding of each infectious precaution
- Choose one of your patients for a case study
- Ability to understand one major cancer, and be familiar with the navigation that the patient encounters from consultation, biopsy to chosen oncologist
- Review Tracy Walton's "Medical Conditions and Massage Therapy," chapter twelve: Blood Conditions
- Demonstrate ability at completion of shift to give report on assigned patients
$145 + $5 registration fee
Tuesday, 8 am-noon, February 17, 2015 - April 21, 2015
Saint Anne's Hospital
795 Middle St. Fall River, Mass. Directions to Saint Anne's Hospital
This page developed and maintained by CWCE. Send comments and suggestions to .