Building Performance Institute (BPI)-Approved Training
The Building Analyst training program trains students to use building science technology to help customers solve heating, cooling and air leakage problems in homes that can drive high energy costs. Training totals 36 hours and includes 16 hours of field training. At the end of the course, students will be prepared to take the Building Performance Institute certification exam. BPI’s certification standards are nationally recognized.
Building Analyst Professional Training topics include:
- Fundamentals of building science
- Identifying and understanding building performance problems including ice dams, mold and mildew and indoor air quality issues
- Analyzing buildings using “Blower Door” technology and other diagnostic equipment
- Assessing building tightness, mechanical and distribution systems and combustion safety for a “whole house” performance-based approach
- Practical application of “blower door,” combustion safety and other diagnostics for assessing air leakage and efficiency in buildings
This page developed and maintained by CWCE. Send comments and suggestions to .