Career Transition Resources
- Dress for Success
- Business Dining Etiquette
- Evaluating Job Offers
- Salary Negotiation
- Surviving Your First Year on the Job
Be sure to make a good first impression with potential employers.
Check out the "Dressing for Interview Success" page at CollegeGrad.com for tips on how to dress for success!
- It's True, You Are What You Wear
- How to Figure Out What to Wear to the Interview
- Dressing for Interview Success
- When Job Hunting: Dress for Success
- The First Ten Seconds of a Job Interview
- Appropriate Attire is a Must Dressing the Part
Are you nervous about having a possible luncheon interview? Have no fear...here's a site that will provide you with great suggestions on how to dine with prospective employers.
- Meal Interview Do's and Don'ts
- Ten Things to Never Order at a Meal Interview
- Manners, Meals and Interviews
- Dining Etiquette for Employment Interviews
Read more at Ball State University's "Dining Etiquette" page.
Are you aware of how to properly evaluate the different job offers that are coming your way? If your answer is "no", visit the site below for excellent tips on how to compare and evaluate different job offers to ensure a well informed decision.
- Job Offer Negotiation
- Questions to Ask to Help Evaluate Job Offers
- Managing Job Offers
- Making Decisions and Negotiating Details
Read more at the U.S. Dept. of Labor's "Evaluating a Job Offer" web page.
Negotiating salary can be a tricky process. Be sure to check out the links at QuintCarreers.com for some helpful tips, such as:
- Evaluating Job Offers and Negotiating Salary
- How Do You Handle a Salary History Request?
- Starting Salary Expectations
- The Negotiation Coach Library Salary Wizard - What are you worth?
- Wages and Trends The Salary Calculator
Now that you have landed that perfect job, how are you going to survive your first year out there in the "Real World?" Visit Susquehanna University's "Surviving Your First Year on the Job" website for tips like:
- New Job, New Boss: A First-Time Employee's Survival Guide
- Don't Become J-obsolete
- What You Need to Succeed in the Workplace
- The Fine Art of Cube Etiquette
- Build for the Future During Your First Year on the Job