Resources for Innovative Teaching
The Center for Innovative Teaching, Learning & Assessment is building a bibliography
of resources to help instructors with the assessment of learning, as well as issues
critical to the scholarship of learning. Check back here for an updated list of suggested
NEW Sources and Evidence
CITLA Winter Workshop 2016 Handouts
CITLA Spring Symposium 2015 Handouts
CITLA Winter Workshop 2015 Handouts
Bringing Service and Learning Together
Undergraduate Research as a High-Impact Practice
New listserv for distance learning pedagogy discussion
This Listserv is for the use of faculty and staff at URI, RIC, and CCRI to discuss
pedagogy issues in distance education. Please note that this is not for technical questions, particularly since we do not use the same technology at the three campuses. We are
hoping that faculty and staff from the three colleges will be able to share ideas,
articles, and resources and respond to each others' concerns and observations regarding.
Please consider joining this Listserv
The following are links to a list of books and articles found on WikiPODia.
The following links have been suggested by CITLA Workshop presenters.
- University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
Suggested by Dr. Robert Shea from Workshop on Learning Styles (October 2010)
- Laurie L. Hazard, Ed.D., "Teaching the First-year Student: Creating College-Level
Learners (January 9, 2012)"
- Kaatje van der Hoeven Kraft, "Moving Beyond Content: Engaging, Motivating & Attending
to Student Attitudes in General Education" - May 24, 2012
- Amy Baldwin "Activities for Engaging First Year College Students" - May 23, 2013
- Barbara Walvoord "Creating a No-Frills Assessment Plan" CITLA Winter Workshop 2014,
January 7, 2014
The following links come from academic and mainstream publications.
Videos on Clickers and Group Work