Think of 4 or 5 activities that you consider Achievements or Accomplishments in your life. The emphasis should be upon events that represent a sense of accomplishment to you and that you feel very good about. Do not be concerned about whether the achievements meet a standard of excellence compared to other people. When you have your 4 or 5, fill them in the Achievements column of the table below.
- I developed an efficient filing system at work.
- I learned how to climb a mountain with a team and equipment.
- I helped my five-year-old child and his friend learn to tell time.
- I designed a floor plan for a new house.
What particular qualities or skills do you possess that enabled you to accomplish these activities? Every task requires that a person have certain abilities to get the job done. Use the following examples as a guide to describe the underlying abilities you exhibited in order to do complete your personal achievements. For each Achievement, list the Abilities/Skills in the appropriate column of the table below.
- Efficient filling system- Organized, good judgment, initiative, systematic
- Climb Mountain- Teamwork, determination, stamina, goal oriented, adventurous
- Child tell time- Provide clear explanations, ease in relating to children, make complex concepts easy to understand, patient
- Design floor plan- Drafting skills good spatial and visual abilities, planning
When finished, please print out this page and list below 4 or 5 abilities or personal qualities you would like to incorporate in the work that you hope to do?